HOME CONTROL POSSIBILITIES ARE LIMITED ONLY BY YOUR IMAGINATION
INTEGRATED LIGHTING CONTROL
An integrated lighting control system can allow you to create the ideal atmosphere within your home and garden. Whether you need a clean bright working environment or the perfect evening ambience, all of this can be done from either a touch screen application or a voice command. Our lighting solutions can be tailor-made to your needs and requirements. This might be a “house off” button, which will ensure every light is turned off when leaving your home. Or a “holiday mode” to provide extra security via a customised lighting schedule.
We can also offer a retro-fit wireless lighting solution. Which replaces your conventional light switches with customisable buttons, allowing you to control more than just lighting. Get started with integrated lighting in just one room or brighten up the entire house.
A touch of a button…
A single remote control or touch screen application can now control all of your AV equipment; which can be hidden away from sight and therefore reducing cable and cabinet clutter. A touch of a button can switch you between Satellite TV, a video steaming service or your Kaleidescape movie server seamlessly. Using this same remote you can then adapt the room lighting conditions or lower the blinds to give you the ultimate viewing experience. Multi-room audio via ceiling and wall speakers can distribute sound to anywhere in the home or garden, providing you with access to your music library and popular music streaming services at a single button press. Additional benefits of integrated audio and visual distribution is that the sound from your TV can play through your speakers too.
Pivotal Technologies also work closely with Sonos to provide a fully wireless or wired sound system that fills your home with great-sounding music, movies and TV.
For your home or business…
Pivotal Technologies specialise in high quality Access Control for your home or business as part of their portfolio of solutions. An access control system allows you to control who has access to your premises. Access control systems can operate doors, gates and barriers and are available in various installations such as telephone and video entry systems or computer-controlled systems operated by magnetic cards, proximity readers or bio-metrics. Access systems can be installed in a variety of locations including homes, offices, factories and industrial sites, schools and colleges, hospitals, hotels and care homes.
Pivotal Technologies offer:
- Door Access Control, Including; Audio and Video Intercom Solutions / Keyless Entry
- Gated Solutions inc Swing and Sliding
- Full Security Bollard Solutions Including; Hydraulic, Removable and Static
- Road Barriers for entrances from 2.5m to 12m wide
- Biometric Access Control
- Garage Door Access Control Solutions
- Pedestrian Entrance Turnstile Solutions
- ANPR Cameras and Software
Our services include full design, installation and commissioning of access control systems. Pivotal Technologies can supply and install a standalone system or a fully integrated solution for home and business.
Not just about the movie…
Pivotal Technologies can recreate that big screen cinematic experience in your own home. We use the latest technologies in audio and visual to give you the ultimate viewing experience. A cinematic experience is not just about the movie you are watching.
Pivotal Technologies provide a full solution, which can be tailored to your needs.
- Room design, to give the best possible viewing angle, whilst also considering where the equipment will be concealed, speaker placement and what acoustic treatment will be needed.
- Intelligent lighting design, to set the mood and complete the experience. The system can be programmed to dim the lights as soon as a film is started and then raise the lights once it is paused or stopped.
- Ceiling enclosed projector screens and lift casings for the projector. This completes the look of the room and can be programmed to lower at a touch of a button.
- Automated blackout blinds, which lower on start-up of a film.
- Dedicated cinema seating.
Our home cinema solutions can be installed as part of a fully integrated control system, or as a standalone project.
Wire free window coverings…
Pivotal Technologies are distributors and installers of QMotion UK Advanced Shading Systems providing wire free window coverings for the home or business. Whereas traditional motorised window coverings require a qualified electrician to install 240v power wiring for the blind motor, the QMotion UK solution requires no wiring at all. With unique inbuilt technology, the QMotion UK shade provides a dual control feature that allows the user to operate the shade manually without the need for a remote control. By simply tugging the bottom bar you can lower the shade or send the shade back up to either its last pre-set position or to a fully raised position, bringing a new level of convenience to shade controls.
Power for the shade is provided by standard, alkaline D cell batteries. Due to the special counter balancing springs installed within the tube itself, the batteries provide 2-5 years operation based on 2 fully raise/lower operations per day. Our solutions can be installed as part of a fully integrated control system, and therefore a touch of a button on a user interface can bring selected blinds up or down, without moving from your seat.
In a standalone shading project, control can be operated via remote control, smart phone or tablet, using the QMotion app. Other operating controls available include a timer remote that allows the user to program the shades to move up to six events per day. The user therefore has no need to worry that whilst they are either out or away from their home, the shades will continue to operate providing glare and heat gain control whilst at the same time offering a level of privacy and security.
Using our knowledge to help…
Pivotal Technologies are using their knowledge of home automation to help individuals, organisations and assisted living developers to work with us on implementing the technologies available to give back some independence to those who have disabilities and to provide comfortable lifestyles for the older generation. Imagine a purpose-built bungalow, an apartment or nursing home that has automation technologies installed allowing the occupier(s) and nursing staff, to have complete control of the following from a single application on an iPad or bespoke designed touchscreen device:
- Door Entry Systems – See who is at the door and let them in.
- Shading and Curtains – Open and close the shades and/or curtains.
- Lighting – Turn On/Off, dim or create your own scenes depending on time of day or mood including full control of sensory rooms.
- HVAC – Control individual room temperatures.
- Environmental Controls – Such as, automated window and door openers for internal doors.
- Voice Control – Allow Alexa to operate certain controls or scenes through a voice command.
- Audio/Visual – Operate the TV and Radio to listen through adapted speakers mounted in the ceiling.
- Warden/Carer – Have reassurance that a warden or carer can observe through special CCTV cameras when required.
- Security – Personnel panic alarms and sensors.
Infrastructure you can depend on…
DATA & COMMUNICATION
As structured cabling experts, we can design and install an infrastructure you can depend on. Across all of our services, the foundation of a solid network allows you to obtain the maximum system performance you should expect.
We offer a variety of services, including:
- Cat 5e / Cat 6 / Cat 7 cabling for commercial, residential and education
- Full Wi-Fi surveys and installation, using the very latest technologies
- Fibre optic solutions
All our network installations are fully commissioned using the latest testing equipment by Fluke, in order to give full commissioning reports.
Secure your property…
With security becoming ever more critical, Pivotal Technologies are at the forefront of the latest technologies, enabling you to secure your property whether home or away. We partner with companies who share our vision and passion for excellence. The combination of their award-winning products and our professional solutions is changing the way people view security for the better.
The solutions we provide include:
- Internal and external IP-CCTV solutions
- Wired and wireless grade 2/3 alarm systems
- Wired and wireless perimeter detection
- GSM detection, for discovering unauthorised mobile signals
- Thermal Imaging cameras, for greater surveillance distances
- Cyber Security, using Fortinet products to protect from an outside attack
Our solutions include full design, installation and commissioning, backed up with full maintenance contracts. We ensure all our systems blend seamlessly regardless of period or design.